__ __ __ __ __ | \ / \ | \ | \ | \ | $$\ / $$ ______ _| $$_ ______ ______ | $$ | $$ | $$$\ / $$$ / \| $$ \ | \ ______ / \ \$$\/ $$ | $$$$\ $$$$| $$$$$$\\$$$$$$ \$$$$$$\| \| $$$$$$\ >$$ $$ | $$\$$ $$ $$| $$ $$ | $$ __ / $$ \$$$$$$| $$ $$ / $$$$\ | $$ \$$$| $$| $$$$$$$$ | $$| \| $$$$$$$ | $$$$$$$$| $$ \$$\ | $$ \$ | $$ \$$ \ \$$ $$ \$$ $$ \$$ \| $$ | $$ \$$ \$$ \$$$$$$$ \$$$$ \$$$$$$$ \$$$$$$$ \$$ \$$ Follow us ---> Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Myspace
Live Coding. Live Synths. Live Music.
We bring a live open-sourced attitude to electronic music. For us, music is code and coding is performance. The source code is our instrument and we play it live.
==> Live Coding - A New Approach
Armed with programming languages, monomes and number of simple MIDI Kontrollers, we harness the full power of the SuperCollider synthesis engine through the incredible Overtone platform. We don't just use our laptops to tweak GUI sliders and pots, we write raw Clojure code into Emacs live in our performances. We also generate real-time visualisations perfectly synchronised to the sound with Quil and Shadertone. All the code for our sets is open source and available for you to play with: Meta-eX Ignite.
Live Coding allows us to generate music on-the-fly enabling us to change the direction of the sound and respond to our environment at a whim. Our sounds aren't pre-recorded and tweaked on-stage, they're coded and generated live in real time. We produce a real raw noise rather than manufactured industry-polished pseudo-perfection. Our sound isn't hardcore, breakcore or speedcore - it's multi-core and fully hyper-threaded.
==> Live Performances
In addition to jamming live at least once a week in Cambridge, we also perform live for audiences. Let us know if you'd like us to play live at your event: email@example.com
- Cambridge, UK - Makespace Cambridge, 12th February, 2014
- Cambridge, UK - Darwin College, 14th January 2014
- Vilnius, Lithuania - Build Stuff, 10th December 2013
- London, UK - Code Mesh, 4th December 2013
- Antwerp, Belgium - Noxx Nightclub - Devoxx Party, 14th November 2013
- Berlin, Germany - c-base, 18th October 2013
- London, UK - London Algorave, 14th September 2013
- Cambridge, UK - Wysing Arts Centre Annual Music Festival, 31st August 2013
- Baldock, UK - The Engine, 17th August 2013
- Kiev, Ukraine - Hotcode, 1st June 2013
- London, UK - MS Stubnitz, 16th May 2013
- Zurich, Switzerland - Zurich Marriott Hotel, April 2013 [Live Recording]
- London, UK - Emacs Conf, March 2013
- London, UK - Russell Hotel, December 2012
- Tampere, Finland - Uusi Tehdas, October 2012
- Prague, Czech Republic - Klub Lavka, October 2012
- Bristol, UK - Arnolfini Art Gallery, July 2012
==> Tech Talks
Despite developing and using some of the most advanced live coding software in the world, we don't keep our tech secret and hidden - we actively promote its use for other budding live coders and music programmers. We give tech talks to audiences of any background - from musicians to programmers to interested algoravers. Contact us if you'd like us to deliver a tech talk at your event: firstname.lastname@example.org
Previous Tech Talks:
- Antwerp, Belgium - Devoxx, 14th November 2013
- Berlin, Germany - EuroClojure, 15th October 2013
- London, UK - Music Tech Fest, 18th May 2013 [Live Video]
-UUU:@----F2 Meta-eX.md All (14,54) (Markdown Undo-Tree yas VHl AC -1-) --------------------------------------------------------------------